Relief Society Jeopardy
I know that you have this idea on your web page, but I tweaked it a bit for our RS Anniversary Celebration last month. ~ Sarah
THANK YOU Sarah Perez for sharing!
Scriptures Pertaining to Relief Society
Hymns Significant to Relief Society
General Relief Society Trivia
Name That Smith0
A. Scriptures Pertaining to Relief Society
1. Sister Parkin said that sisters do visiting teaching for this reason: "To bear one another's
burdens,…To mourn with those that mourn,…comfort those that stand in need of comfort."
2. At the 2005 General Relief Society Conference, a short film called, "Instruments in the Hands of God"
was shown. Find that scriptural reference of that title.
3. The Relief Society theme is "Charity Never Faileth." What is that scriptural reference? There are two.
One in the B of M and one in the New Testament.
4. Sister Cannon, the Education Counselor in the General RS said, "If there is anything virtuous,
lovely, of good report or praiseworthy, we seek after these things. But sisters, we can not seek
after all of them at the same time. To everything there is a season." What scripture was she quoting?
B. Hymns Significant to Relief Society
1. As members of the RS, "we'll comfort the weary and strengthen the weak."
What hymn does this line come from?
2. This was the opening song at the 1st RS meeting in 1842. It says that "through we our faith
may begin to inherit the visions and blessings and glories of God." What is the title of this hymn?
3. This was the closing song at the 1st RS meeting, held in 1842. It says, "No longer as
strangers on Earth need we roam….we'll love one another and never dissemble."
What is the title of this hymn?
4. Finish this line from the hymn, "We Meet Again As Sisters":
"We meet to plan our service to neighbors now in need. May charity
and kindness inspire ____ ____ ____."
C. General Relief Society Trivia
1. What is the symbol of Relief Society?
2. What is the name of the magazine sent to LDS women who paid their dues and joined the
Relief Society Organization?
3. What is the name of the president of the General Relief Society Board who was featured
in the March 2006 edition of the Ensign?
4. What was the original purpose of visiting teaching before it changed to its current goal of
bringing the spirit into homes through friendly visits?
Quotes by Smiths about Relief Society
1. Name the Smith who said,
"We must cherish one another, watch over one another, comfort one another and gain instruction,
that we may all sit down in heaven together."
2. Name the Smith who said,
"And now I turn the key to you in the name of God and this Society shall rejoice and knowledge
and intelligence shall flow down from this time. This is the beginning of this Society."
3. Name the Smith who said,
"This organization is divinely made, divinely authorized, divinely instituted, divinely ordained of
God to minister for the salvation of the souls of women and of men."
4. Name the Smith who said,
"We are going to do something extraordinary. We expect extraordinary occasions and pressing calls."
1. Mosiah 18:8-9
2. Alma 26:3
3. Moroni 7:46 or 1 Corinithians 13:4-8
4. 13th Article of Faith
1. As Sisters in Zion
2. Spirit of God
3. Now Let Us Rejoice
4. "inspire our every deed"
1. The Sego Lily/ Wheat Sheaf (The sego lily was selected because of it's usefulness in sustaining
life along pioneer settlements. It is an appropriate symbol of purity, beauty, patience through winter and
darkness, and storing of strength for the time of blossoming.
The wheat sheaf has been used as an emblem also.
2. The Relief Society Magazine
3. Belle S. Spafford
4. Goal of gathering money for charity
1. Lucy Mack SmithA
2. President Joseph Smith
3. President Joseph F. Smith
4. Emma Smith