Yarn Covered Hanger
I know this seems like a silly craft, but don't we all hate when our close fall off the hanger, and if you need a CHEAP craft or a project for young girls this is great!
Too many wire hangers hanging around? Tired of your clothes falling off plastic hangers? Then these yarn-covered hangers are an inexpensive solution! Slippery clothes stay hung up and unlike the wire hangers they are made from these won't damage clothes.
- Two matching wire hangers
- Two balls of yarn (remnants work great) in the same or coordinating colors
- Scotch tape
- Using a small piece of scotch tape secure the hangers together in three places - at each elbow and middle top just below the twisted section.
- Hold the hangers in place between your knees as you work.
- Tape the ends of the yarn down at the start of the hanger hook and place one ball on each side of the hanger.
- Make a knot by wrapping the ball under the wire and slipping it back through the loop (see photo.)
- Continue making knots alternating sides until all the wire is covered.
- Finish off with a tassle if desired